This is an updated picture of the Astilbe and Hostas that are beside the side door. Much better!
Since he did such a great job, I decided that my vegetable patch needed to have a little more structure to it. I am trying to use the vegetable patch as a small continuous homeschooling science and gardening lesson. We planted the seeds in little starter trays but the plants were quickly outgrowing their temporary home. After talking about the terrain and my needs, we decided that a small wall would be ideal. I went to Home Depot and got the stackable wall "bricks". Thankfully there were people there to load the cart and the car. That stuff is HEAVY!
I am very grateful that Honey is so meticulous about things being level. It made the wall look great and I am very proud of him. The bottom row took about an hour to do but it was worth it when the next rows went up so fast. With the bottom row level the next two rows quickly (10 minutes) were added for a very nice wall for a mere $80.
Elizabeth and I quickly got the plants in and voila' our vegetable garden. Now we just need to watch it grow!!!