Sunday, August 30, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
- Tripler Army Hospital Honolulu Hawaii
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center Norfolk Virginia
- Portsmouth Naval Hospital-Portsmouth Virginia
- Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters-Norfolk Virginia
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital-Fairfax Virginia
- INOVA Emergency Healthplex Center-Alexandria Virginia
- Howard County General Hospital- Columbia Maryland
- Erlanger Hospital-Chattanooga Tennessee
- Chatuge Regional Hospital-Hiawassee Georgia
- Dewitt Army Hospital-Fort Belvior Virginia
- Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital-Virginia Beach Virginia
- Make sure the staff cleans their hands. There is nothing more disgusting than an ER.
- Go with your gut. Remember the old joke "what do they call the person that graduates last in their class from medical school" Answer: Doctor. They are human after all.
- If a doctor is acting all high and mighty, start calling him/her by his/her first name. Nothing brings them down to your level so fast as the familiarity of a first name.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Today as I prepare for the return of Honey. I can hardly believe that the time is almost over. Hours are all I have in front of me instead of months. In light of that I want to discuss a more serious topic, Gratitude. Gratitude is defined as thankfulness or appreciation. It is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgement of a benefit that one has received or will receive. (Wikipedia)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
P.S. This is not the end of the story, we had to go to the ER in Disneyworld to remove the stitches. While there we all contracted the stomach flu from the family that was letting their kids play in the play area while they were sick (Some people have so little sense or kindness!). It was NOT a fun trip home!