Friday, June 5, 2009

The rest of the Story


The fire trucks at 2:00 am were not the entire story apparently. At 10:00 in the morning, the power went out to the whole house. I called Virginia Power (I have learned from my sister to call first because it makes a difference in priority level.) and the automatic voice said that the problem had already been reported but thanks anyway. About 10 minutes later I get a call back and apparently the computer voice was wrong, they had no reports for my area. Since my neighbors across the street and beside me both had their power out as well, they sent a truck immediately. Yeah!
It turns out that a fuse blew on the transformer that serves my immediate neighbors and I. My neighbor across the street heard the same pop that I heard last night when the house dimmed and I smelled smoke. After repairing the fuse outside and restoring power, the gentleman from the power company investigated the lines in the house. He was able to get my outlet working (Yeah! something for FREE!!!). People can be so nice!

No comments: