Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When last I left you, Keener was naked dancing on the table.  This is not the whole story.  I am having constant clothing battles with my almost 3 year old.  She hates dresses unless she is wearing pants under them and has gone so far as to undress in the middle of Mass. Luckily it was not as far as letting God and everyone else see her birthday suit.   She wears about 10 outfits a day.  She is constantly changing because one outfit is "dirdy".  She is one STRONG WILLED child.  If it wasn't so funny it would be a lot more exhausting.  So how am I handling this?  I am letting her express herself with her clothing most of the time.  At Mass, Mommy wins, always.  But, most of the time I let her win because a strong will is not a bad thing in life.  Neither is the ability to express yourself and feel comfortable about how you look.  I allow her to have a bin of "dirdy" clothes and that is the pile that she changes into and out of all day long.  I also have put a lock on her closet.  There are only so many times that you can force a child to clean up the big mess before you have to be smart and save yourself.  It's not like it's fun to monitor a child when they are cleaning.  I feel like I'd rather not make clothing a big issue now, I know it will be a big issue with teenagers, so I'm saving my energy for the real battle.

No comments: