Monday, February 15, 2010

Mardi Gras

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras).  Our church is having their annual party to celebrate.  For the first time,  our family is going to attend. Normally we have CCD on Tuesday nights and as a teacher I was always unable to attend.  I am taking my much needed break from volunteering for a year, so we can go. When Honey got back, I decided that I needed to take it easy and only deal with homeschooling, so I dropped the job of girl scout leader and CCD teacher.  I am always willing to help, but am trying to avoid the leadership, organizing, and running of anything.    I also chose not to send them to CCD but to leave the religious education at home for this year.  It has enabled us to change our focus to learning about more about the saints and reading more from the Bible and discussing it.

I am looking forward to celebrating Mardi Gras.  I think it will be a lot of fun.  My grandparents always went to New Orleans to celebrate because my uncle lived there.  I have the happy memories of Mardi Gras that my grandparents shared with me.  That is probably why it is on my list of things I would like to do in my life.  It seems like such a fun event.  Maybe Honey and I will go one year when the kids are older.  In the meantime, I went to help decorate for the event and took Elizabeth to help.  She was a huge help.  We had a great time and Elizabeth is excited for the party.  She loved all the bling and sparkle.  She was planning her wardrobe for tomorrow all afternoon!  I am glad that she is excited.  I love to see her smile, it warms my heart.

 I hope you have a Wonderful Mardi Gras!

No comments: