Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Driving Miss Crazy

DC traffic really makes me crazy.  I have lived here for 7 years and only started to drive in DC 2 years ago because I hate it so much.  I still hate it, but I force myself to do it so the kids can see the museums.  The biggest problem is that the signs are poorly located (if they  exist at all).  I have found that I finally "see" the signs only after I have gotten lost multiple times in the same area (and no longer need the signs).  Often they are low and get hidden by parked cars, or too high and get hidden by tree limbs or too small to be read unless you are parked.  Too bad the DC politicians are too corrupt to fix the problem.  I think they believe this discourages tourist from driving in DC.  I wish they would see that it only adds to their traffic problems to have someone drive in circles, lost.  Oh well, I am not about to tackle DC's problems.  That is a whole novel!

No comments: