Thursday, July 9, 2009

Well Done

I tend to consider myself a fairly good cook. Things don't always turn out right, but most of the time I do pretty well. My fatal flaw seems to be the grill. I just don't have the patience to stand by and turn things, and watch the fire and all that stuff. I think men must like grilling so much because they have to stand around drinking beer, waiting for the meat to cook. They have to stay with it so that it does not burn.
So today I decided to use the grill for the first time since Honey left, I was trying to avoid heating up the house, (Still no A/C on .. AMAZING!.. YEAH!). I took the meat and wrapped it in foil to cook, followed the directions and set the grill on low, and put the meat on to cook for the time the recipe called for. I even checked the temperature, everything was going according to the recipe, until I opened up my chargrilled mess. The choices were well done or blackened. Hmmm, not exactly what I wanted to serve Father H-- or our new friend the Seminarian L---who came for dinner. Luckily, there was enough meat inside the blackened mess that was actually moist and tasty. It just involved a lot more effort to get at it. Luckily enough for me, I had enough other food to fill everyone's bellies. Father H-- kindly said that is was good. Hmmm, Good thing he was going to confession after his visit with us......

Here's a picture of the kids turning our New York Priest into a Orioles "fan"

No comments: