Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baby of Mine

I went to my 17 week checkup yesterday.  Everything is going fine with our new baby.  My morning sickness is passing, but the extreme fatigue has not.  I need naps daily, but get them about twice a week.  I have again (third time's the charm!) gotten gestational diabetes.  I am hopeful that I  can manage it with diet and exercise. The baby seems to be doing well and as usual for OB check-ups I got to listen to the heartbeat.  I love listening to the heartbeat.  It is very comforting just to listen to that sweet little beat.
 I am very much looking forward to my next appointment. It will be for the ultrasound.  I just love seeing our new child and having a picture of him or her.  We still have not decided if we will find out the sex of the baby or "be surprised" when he or she is born.  Keener was the only child that we did not find out what her sex was ahead of time.  It was very exciting to wait and learn when she was born. So I am leaning towards a secret.  Secrets are such fun.
      

No comments: