Thursday, March 25, 2010

So it goes.

For several days, I have been feeling contractions, some  bigger than others.  So I decided to go get it checked out.  I had early contractions with Elizabeth for 12 weeks before she was born, yet she was born on her due date.  So on one hand I was not worried, but on the other hand, I think it is better to be a little cautious.  So joy of joys, I now am on "limited activity" or "modified bed-rest".   It is hard to get me to slow down, but this little one is doing a good job of making me.  I am not "progressing" according to the doctor, so the contractions are not doing any harm.  Thank the good Lord!  My biggest worry is that I tolerate the pain of labor quite well and have quick labors, so I am concerned that I will go into labor and have little time (if any) to stop it or get the baby some steroids for his or her little immature lungs.

  I believe very strongly in the power of prayer and the power of mind over body.  So as I will my body to get this baby to a safe age to be born, please say a few prayers for the little one who still needs to grow.  I figure that 5 weeks is a minimum for any viability, 8 weeks is much better (I'd be about 28 weeks).  The chance of survival goes from 25% to 75% in the matter of 3 weeks.  I always find that so amazing.  Of course better still would be me getting all the way to 40 weeks, but I take it one day at a time.  What else can you do?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Big kiss and hug! BP