Friday, April 3, 2009

Rain

      The rain woke me up this morning.  I should say, it was the thunder that woke me.  The whole house shook and I was disoriented into thinking we'd had another earthquake.  We had a small one last spring (earthquake link).  It was small only a 2.0, but when you live at the epicenter it is still really scary. 
      I actually love a good rainy day.  I think there is nothing better than reading a good book while it rains.  The rain stopped so we went outside to look for rainbows.   Not the right conditions, but it's always worth looking for a rainbow.  Elizabeth said it best, "The rain washed away the smell of winter and now it seems like spring."  I couldn't have said it better myself.  I love the fresh smell of spring.  We'll keep looking for rainbows.
     Here is a picture of our Church last June when I just happened to be there during a rainbow.  I love this picture.


No comments: