Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Communion

Christopher had his first communion today.  He was SOOO excited.  He has been looking forward to this for a long time.  Literally since he was 4.  He was such a good little boy.  He followed the directions exactly and was a good example to others of how to behave during Mass.  I am so proud of my little baby.  He is growing up so fast.  It seems like yesterday that I was holding my newborn in my arms.

Here's Christopher looking great in his first suit!  Compare to his Baptism picture.
     
Christopher and our priest Father F. after the mass.
Here's the group photo in the smallest space possible for a group photo, but construction and rain were against an easier backdrop.
.
   We celebrated afterward with a small party at the house with his Godparents, my mom, my sister and her family, and my in laws.  There was definitely enough food.  We basically grazed our way from lunch through dinner, with a short break for Grandma to spoil all 7 of the grandkids with ice cream from the Good humor man.  With gorgeous weather (after the morning rain) and good company, the only thing missing was Honey.  But I solved that with a surprise "Skype" visit from Honey.  I think his parents were especially glad to see him, as was Christopher.  It was a great addition to a tiring, yet fun filled day.
While waiting for Christopher's Godfather to arrive before the mass, I snapped this photo of my precious Keener.  She was having  a great time dancing around.

No comments: