Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Young Man!

It was Honey's Dad's 70th birthday today. We will be celebrating in two weeks with a family party. Since we were not seeing him today, the kids wanted to call and tell their Granfer Happy Birthday. They were all so sweet, but Rolo's soft voiced rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" was especially sweet. He wanted to sing to Granfer and he did a great job. His voice was filled with love and emotion. It stole my heart, as he usually does. Too bad I didn't have a video camera with me. I sure do love my kids. It's the little moments of sweetness and joy like this that make motherhood's hardships vanish. It helps me remember to enjoy every day with them. I see so many grandmothers in stores that remind me to enjoy the kids because time will pass by fast and I will want it all back. I know they are right, so I am hoping to savor every moment I have now.

No comments: